Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Absolutely Positively Definately I'm Sure......

People are fascinating.  I learn so much from observing and keeping an open mind and open heart.  I learn about others and that provides insight into myself.  I was recently in a store waiting calmly in the midst of an energetic flurry of activity of who needs what and when.  Yoga has taught me to stand in the center (more often than not I can do it) and not be swept up in external forces. 

A senior sales person was commenting on a customer issue and emphatically stated there was no possible way that could have happened.  Impossible - said with the utmost intensity and self assurance.  Convincing.  A strong energetic push on the statement.  Well, in a matter of 20 seconds it came to light that not only was it was very possible that could have happened, it most likely did happen.  And the self assured senior sales person got more quiet and the energetic push turned into more of a shying away. 

We should just train ourselves to take a moment and allow some situations to play out - without slamming the door on them - who does it really serve to close your mind off?  It really is a disservice to yourself and those around you.  It was quite amusing to see the events unfold - completely removed from them and just observing. 

Days later when I found myself hardening onto a fact or what I felt strongly was a fact - I remembered observing that day at the counter.  I allowed myself to soften around it - and to detach enough to ask myself - why is it so important to me to hold fast to this idea? 

It really wasn't that important.  Save it for the thngs that matter.  Its so much more energetically efficient.  There is so much going on today - we are wise to manage ourselves more efficiently (by struggling less in the mind to always insist on being right).  For me it takes almost all the struggle away and allows me to enter new situations with a fresh perspective. 

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment