Monday, February 28, 2011

Watch Out - Help is Coming !

On occasion I fiind myself 'taking care' of my mother......my mother who raised me along with 7 siblings.  We recently took a trip to Ikea to check things out and maybe get her a bookcase.  On the way we stopped for a coffee at Olgas in Providence.  Metered parking.  I parallel parked and walked around to feed the meter and saw that the meter was out, but I also saw she had had to step either onto an ice louge or into a small river of melting snow to get onto the curb. 

Thats not cool.  We got our road snack and upon approaching the car to leave I asked her to wait on the sidewalk so I could pull the car out and she wouldn't have to step through the water and ice.  In I go - start the car - click the seatbelt -  hit the gas and just as I do I hear this whirling sound and immediately see my mothers hand go up as she turns away from me.  Apparently my wheel had spun on the ice and actually sprayed icky water right at her.  It was like out of a comedy - more so for me than for her I'd say.

Don't worry, I'm here to help.  She asked me for a favor - not to do her any more favors.  So what happened next?  We proceeded to laugh until we cried - we wiped her off and went on our way.  We never did find just the right bookcase - but we had one hell of a laugh together.   

Its still OK to try to help someone - even if the outcome isn't what you would have hoped for - as long as everyone involved has a sense of humor.  Its all about the intent.  Its been a long winter.

Namaste

I wonder who helped this dude load up his truck with ears of corn?  Nicely done....

No comments:

Post a Comment